Django 1.1 trunk incompatibility.

Stavros

Apr 30, 2009, 6:55:17 AM4/30/09
to Django Evolution
For some reason, Evolution doesn't work with 1.1. Many tests fail, and
the actual commands fail too. Is this something that could be looked
at so Evolution can support 1.1?

Russell Keith-Magee

Apr 30, 2009, 7:28:20 AM4/30/09
to django-e...@googlegroups.com

I've personally pretty busy trying to get Django v1.1 finalized over
the last few months, so I haven't been paying a huge amount of
attention to Evolution. This is the first time this error has been
reported, so I wasn't aware of it.

I would also note that this problem only affects the SQlite database.
Postgres tests continue to pass with Django trunk.

Looking at the errors that are raised by the SQLite tests, the problem
isn't not entirely surprising - Django v1.1 has added the managed flag
to Model._meta, so the FakeMeta class needs to be updated to support
that attribute.

I've just committed revision [165] that corrects this problem.

For future reference, the best way to report a bug is to use the ticket tracker:

http://code.google.com/p/django-evolution/issues/list

This way, if your problem isn't a one line fix, it won't get
forgotten. When you make your report, it's also important to include
any detail - like the fact that you're using SQLite as your backend -
that might help others (i.e., me) reproduce the problem.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)

Poromenos

Apr 30, 2009, 7:31:02 AM4/30/09
to django-e...@googlegroups.com
That's odd, because I tried to have some fields changed on a MySQL
database yesterday and evolution crashed... Sadly, I dumped/restore
data, so I can't provide you with the exact error. I wasn't sure if the
tracker was being actively looked at, so I decided to post here. I will
start using the latest revision and submit any bugs as tickets, thank you.

Russell Keith-Magee

Apr 30, 2009, 7:48:43 AM4/30/09
On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Poromenos <poro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> That's odd, because I tried to have some fields changed on a MySQL
> database yesterday and evolution crashed... Sadly, I dumped/restore
> data, so I can't provide you with the exact error. I wasn't sure if the
> tracker was being actively looked at, so I decided to post here. I will
> start using the latest revision and submit any bugs as tickets, thank you.

The tracker is definitely being looked at - I get mail every time a
ticket is opened or updated.

As for MySQL - As noted in the FAQ, MySQL support isn't complete, and
there are known test failures. Reports of new problems are still
welcome - just check to see if they have already been reported, or
already documented.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)