New Django models not taken into account

Mathias Monnerville

Jun 14, 2010, 4:47:38 AM6/14/10
to Django Evolution
Hello,

django-evolution is working fine and correctly detects modifications
on any model found in its signature, but what is the procedure for new
Django models?

When I add a new MyModel in models.py and then run a syncdb, Django
creates the new table but django-evolution does not seem to update its
signature. So, it doesn't know anything about MyModel. If I want to
change its definition later, django-evolution won't detect anything
and I will get a "No evolution required" message.

Is there a way to manually force it to upgrade its signature when
adding new models?

Regards,
Mat

Christian Hammond

Jun 14, 2010, 6:22:38 PM6/14/10
to django-e...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mat,

I'm unable to reproduce this problem. If I add a new Model to an existing models.py file, and then run syncdb, and then modify a field's definition in the Model, then evolve --hint will show me a sample evolution for that new change. So it seems to be working. This is with the 0.5 release.

What version of django-evolution are you running, and what version of Django?

Are you hitting this with a new model in a models.py file that django-evolution already knows about?

Christian

--
Christian Hammond - chi...@chipx86.com
VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com

Mathias Monnerville

Jun 15, 2010, 4:26:49 AM6/15/10
to Django Evolution
Hi Christian,

I was using an old r166 version. After upgrading to the 0.5 release,
new models are detected. Altering the model and asking for hints is
working fine too.

I did not run into software upgrade at first since I though that most
SVN logs after r166 were related to Django 1.2 support (BTW, I'm using
Django 1.1.1 with Python 2.5). Obviously, I was wrong :)

Thanks a lot for your help.

Mat

Christian Hammond

Jun 15, 2010, 4:31:32 AM6/15/10
to django-e...@googlegroups.com
Most of the work was indeed Django 1.2, but some of that work was updating things to rely on Django a bit more for some things and fixing some other random bugs. Guess this one came for free.

Glad it works!

Christian