Django Evolution 0.6.9 released

Christian Hammond

Mar 13, 2013, 5:40:44 AM3/13/13
to django-e...@googlegroups.com, Stephen Gallagher
Hi everyone,

Django Evolution 0.6.9 is out. This added some more introspection when applying evolutions so that a mutation isn't applied if the old database signature for that model already matches the new signature.

Basically, this means if you have a very old database, and a new model has been introduced since then *and* new evolutions were added to that model, you shouldn't have any confusing errors when trying to run the evolutions. Previously, it would install a baseline for the new models that matched the latest version of the model, and then try to apply (now old) mutations to that model, which would fail. This shouldn't happen anymore.

As usual, you can install the latest release by doing:

    $ sudo easy_install -U django_evolution

or

    $ sudo pip install -U django_evolution

I'm planning to move the sourcecode for Django Evolution onto GitHub. While I haven't done it yet, you should expect that the next release will come off of http://github.com/reviewboard/django-evolution/. Hopefully this won't impact anyone. Let me know if you think it will.

Thanks,

Christian

--
Christian Hammond - chi...@chipx86.com