Why makemigrations create an auto_date_time migration in dynamic_scraper app?

Umair Ashraf

Sep 24, 2019, 5:28:13 PM9/24/19
to django-dynamic-scraper
Related: https://github.com/holgerd77/django-dynamic-scraper/issues/74

I am running python manage.py makemigrations and it is generating a migration in dynamic_scraper app with the name like 0026_auto_20190924_1710.py. I don't know why that is necessary?

Umair Ashraf

Sep 25, 2019, 10:57:00 AM9/25/19
to django-dynamic-scraper
Following the guide at https://django-dynamic-scraper.readthedocs.io/en/0.13-dev/getting_started.html

`python manage.py makemigrations` is creating a new migration inside dynamic_scraper app named 0026_auto_20190924_1813.py (the timestamp keep changing based on when makemigrations was run). This is not good because during deployment there won't be makemigrations and there won't exist that intermediate migration 0026_auto_20190924_1813.py. I know django would create such intermediate migration for proxy models but I don't think this is a proxy model, is it?

Umair Ashraf

Sep 25, 2019, 4:08:34 PM9/25/19
to django-dynamic-scraper
It's a bug in django-dynamic-scraper.