2401: strings escaping translation

Bill de hÓra

Jul 22, 2006, 9:48:55 PM7/22/06
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/2401

"strings escaping translation"

The strings that stay in english aren't in the tamil .po file. I think
the .po files might be out of sync with the source tree and that
bin/make-messages.py needs to be rerun over the source. Maybe a job for
a post-commit hook?

cheers
Bill

Kenneth Gonsalves

Jul 23, 2006, 10:25:16 AM7/23/06
to django-d...@googlegroups.com

not sure where the tamil guys took the po file from - but since i
noticed the same thing in german also, i think that the strings in
question are not marked with _()

--

regards
kg

Bill de hÓra

Jul 23, 2006, 12:15:38 PM7/23/06
Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:

> not sure where the tamil guys took the po file from - but since i
> noticed the same thing in german also, i think that the strings in
> question are not marked with _()

The strings we're talking about are in the contrib.auth module. So I
checked and they're all marked for i18n, but they're not on .po files,
whereas the ar locale has them in its .po file.

cheers
Bill