I looked into locmem.py and simple.py backends and as the traceback
states the problem seems to be locmem's get() which uses
copy.deepcopy() to avoid aliasing (see
The whole thing seems a little wierd to me because I know deepcopy()
can handle a simple list made of unicode strings. I also tried to
print verbatim the content of the cache before the crash and there's
nothing strange in there.
The full traceback is here: http://dpaste.com/hold/5482/
I also found this ticket: http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/3012
Basically the person wants to revert #599
I'm not sure if it's right to post this also to the developer list
because I'm not sure it's a Django problem.
I'm using Python 2.5 and Django SVN in development mode, by the way.