Translation of group permissions

M Vv

May 10, 2021, 1:35:38 PM5/10/21
Translation of user permissions is not done.

gruop trans.PNG

How should it go about it?

macie...@gmail.com

May 21, 2021, 8:08:07 PM5/21/21

The permissions are stored in the database and don't get translated.

Fran Hrženjak

May 22, 2021, 3:04:17 AM5/22/21
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
I ran into this same issue last week. That ticket raises a valid question IMHO: why even save permission descriptions in the DB?

Anyone seeing any downsides of the proposed approach to fetch the descriptions from code (and apply translation on the fly)?

Fran

Ramez Ashraf

May 24, 2021, 4:03:19 AM5/24/21
This is an old decision not to store translated strings in the db... and it's makes sense what if your site is multi lingual ?
Solution: The widget should be replaced with a another widget that display the permissions in a dynamically translated fashion.

There is this app to address that and to address the fact that it's is not very user friendly especially when we have an increased number of models
https://github.com/RamezIssac/django-tabular-permissions
Disclaimer: i'm the author of this library.