Conclusion of ticket #26761

Carsten Fuchs

May 10, 2023, 5:31:02 AM5/10/23
Hello,

ticket #26761 was closed as wontfix, however I don't understand the reason.
https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/26761#comment:19

The ticket's author asked to add a help_text-like attribute for read-only fields that are specified via functions. The intention was for it to work analogously to the help_text attribute of model fields.

For such an attribute, there are two places that it might affect:

- the list page (where the help_text of a model field is available as a tooltip over a "(?)" mark in the column header)

- the change object page (where the help_text of a model field is available as a message below the field's value)

Please see that attached image for an example.

Unfortunately, Mariusz closed the ticket with the argument that `short_description` could be used in place of `help_text`. However, to the best of my understanding, that is not right: `short_description` changes the *label* of the fields (in the screenshot "Lokaler Zeitpunkt" and "Bewertung"), but not the text below the values.

May this be reconsidered?

Best regards,
Carsten
image.png

Adam Johnson

May 12, 2023, 9:49:57 AM5/12/23
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
I have replied on the ticket with an example using arbitrary HTML as required.