Proposal to add SHELL_IMPORTS setting to shell

Salvo Polizzi

Jun 24, 2024, 8:34:39 AM (9 days ago) Jun 24

Hi folks,

I'm currently working on the new auto-import models feature for the shell. Additionally, we are making this shell as customizable as possible. I refer you to this post to see what we have achieved so far and to give a more detailed description of tis proposal. Now, there's an ongoing discussion about whether to implement a SHELL_IMPORTS setting. This setting would facilitate customization of the shell for beginner users who only want to write a few lines and let Django handle the complexity of imports. In conclusion, I'm writing this post to get feedback from the community, and I thank in advance all those who provide it.