Issue in admin with sites

Mohamed El-Kalioby

Apr 29, 2023, 5:48:10 PM4/29/23
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I’ve opened this issue on the issue tracker, and was asked to post here for the sake of discussion.

In SaaS product, we have set of organizations (customers), each organization is working under its own subdomain under the SaaS domain, and each is completely independent. Each organization will have a super user who shall have access to the Django admin to edit their organization objects. Currently, Django admin only shows the objects which belong to the SITE_ID even with setting the default_manager to the current_site manager and enabling the sites middleware.

I think this behavior is misleading and Django admin shall support sites app, so what do you think?

Best regards,
Mohamed ElKalioby
--
Thanks