Easy Pickings: support robust on_commit handlers

Josh Smeaton

Apr 4, 2022, 12:50:45 AM4/4/22
I've just created a ticket for supporting robust on_commit handlers that I think might be a good first ticket for somebody looking to get into contributing to Django.

I'd be more than happy to review any patch and provide guidance if required. It's been quite a while since I've contributed directly so I may not be too helpful in the "getting started" phase, but the existing documentation would be a good place to begin https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/internals/contributing/writing-code/

Om Anirudh

Apr 6, 2022, 1:38:04 PM4/6/22
Hi Josh, all

I am interested to work on this ticket, this would be my first time contributing.
I have read and worked through the article "Writing your first patch for Django".   I should be fine with the getting started part.

I am looking for someone  reach out to personally to get my thoughts validated/ get help.

thanks

Revanth GSS

Apr 7, 2022, 8:19:44 AM4/7/22

Hi Josh,

I am also interested to work on this ticket. I am also aware of how can I execute this. It would be great if I could contribute as I am eagerly waiting to have my first contribution to Django. However, I would also be happy to help anyone who is willing to contribute.

Thanks,
Revanth

Josh Smeaton

May 11, 2022, 8:20:43 PM5/11/22
Apologies for some reason I didn't get any replies to my inbox! If you'd like to tag me on any WIP PRs I'm willing to lend a hand and test.