Open source contribution

Tahsin Zisan

Jan 8, 2022, 10:04:01 AM1/8/22
I am not sure if this is the right place to ask for this. So I apologize in advance

                 I am a bachelor degree student and I know python and django (not advanced). I am interested in contributing to open source project under django. Is it possible to contribute in django as a beginner? If yes then can anyone please guide me how and where should I start and suggest me any beginner friendly project ?

frank lucky

Jan 8, 2022, 2:16:18 PM1/8/22
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
hi find simple project on github and try it and make change you like like weblog or online store

like greatkart project
 have nice coding

On Sat, Jan 8, 2022 at 6:34 PM Tahsin Zisan <tahsin...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am not sure if this is the right place to ask for this. So I apologize in advance

                 I am a bachelor degree student and I know python and django (not advanced). I am interested in contributing to open source project under django. Is it possible to contribute in django as a beginner? If yes then can anyone please guide me how and where should I start and suggest me any beginner friendly project ?

Adam Johnson

Jan 8, 2022, 5:38:34 PM1/8/22
Welcome!

It's certainly possible to contribute as a beginner.

There are many different ways to contribute to Django - the forum, blogging, translating, documenting, writing code, and more. Our Contributing Guide can help you get started with many of these: https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/stable/internals/contributing/

If you’re looking to work with the code base (for documentation or code), check out the “Advice for New Contributors” section: https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/stable/internals/contributing/new-contributors/ . Then see if you can work through the “Writing Your First Patch” tutorial: https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/stable/intro/contributing/ .

If you get stuck or have questions, post back here or in the “Mentorship” section on the forum: https://forum.djangoproject.com/c/internals/mentorship/10

Hope that helps,

Adam