Django Sockets Proposal

Jet Ezra

Sep 18, 2021, 6:12:05 PM9/18/21
What if in django, we have a uniform way of handling server-side web sockets, built-in, not relying on external libraries?
Django Channels would be a deal, but they are broad and endup making us forget about the sockets alone, what-if? we have a way of emitting those events which can be responded to by the front-end??

PINEDO HUANSI LUCERO

Sep 20, 2021, 12:38:25 PM9/20/21
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
if you're right, but what would we do?

El sáb, 18 sept 2021 a las 17:12, Jet Ezra (<ezra...@gmail.com>) escribió:
What if in django, we have a uniform way of handling server-side web sockets, built-in, not relying on external libraries?
Django Channels would be a deal, but they are broad and endup making us forget about the sockets alone, what-if? we have a way of emitting those events which can be responded to by the front-end??

Jet Ezra

Sep 20, 2021, 3:11:55 PM9/20/21
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
Handle events, handle requests, update the DOM all with python, having this in place will enable us to even write SPAs easily
If we can achieve those three there, then we would be starting to see JS out of python.

It's quit absurd to find you write your project with django and sometimes django restframework, but github shows you that 0.2 % python was used and 75% JS was used, and you wonder whether its JS you wrote or python!!

--
jet