Current Development of async ORM?

Andrew Wang

Dec 31, 2021, 1:29:32 AM12/31/21
Happy new year y'all!

I'm wondering if anyone else has a fork that started to chip away at an async ORM and advice for how it's going so far.

For instance, where did you start? For me, I started with implementing an aiosqlite backend, moving on to RawQuery and Query, then SQLCompiler. How often are you using asgiref.sync rather than implementing an async compatible class like Signal or atomic? If you implemented a db backend, did you implement the DatabaseCreation class? Importantly, are you having to duplicate a lot of class method code due to the number of awaits used?

Cheers,
Andrew

Adam Johnson

Dec 31, 2021, 3:58:09 AM12/31/21