Chicago Djangonauts meetup?

Brian Moloney

Oct 29, 2014, 12:30:34 PM10/29/14
to Chicago Djangonauts
It has been quite some time since we convened a Chicago Djangonauts
meetup. Any interest in fanning the local Django embers on Thursday,
November 20th?

+1 if there is interest. All we need is a couple talk volunteers and
a venue (Imaginary will host if no other options are available).

Let's see if we can pull something together!

Brian

Louis

Oct 29, 2014, 2:14:28 PM10/29/14
to django-...@googlegroups.com
+1

Scott Kelly

Oct 29, 2014, 3:44:08 PM10/29/14
to django-...@googlegroups.com, django-...@googlegroups.com
+1 as well

Sent from Mailbox

Trent

Oct 30, 2014, 9:45:15 AM10/30/14
to django-...@googlegroups.com
+1

If there's interest, I could do a talk on recent work we've done with Django and React.

Jake Lumetta

Oct 31, 2014, 8:12:33 AM10/31/14
to django-...@googlegroups.com
+1

Brian Moloney

Oct 31, 2014, 9:42:03 AM10/31/14
to Chicago Djangonauts
Thanks, Trent. Sounds like a good talk.

Also, Scott Kelly from Red Shelf volunteered to discuss their use of
AWS including their static file pipeline and how it is deployed to S3,
using Django storages with S3 (the bad parts and good parts), and
their code deployment process.

One, possibly two more and we have an evening of Django fun. Anyone
else have a topic they'd like to share?

Brian

JP Bader

Nov 1, 2014, 8:17:06 PM11/1/14
to django-...@googlegroups.com
+1

Eric Frost

Nov 2, 2014, 8:34:57 AM11/2/14
to django-...@googlegroups.com
+1

Benjamin Chodroff

Nov 3, 2014, 9:25:19 AM11/3/14
to django-...@googlegroups.com
+1

Brian Moloney

Nov 7, 2014, 10:11:48 AM11/7/14
to Chicago Djangonauts
Sounds like there is enough interest to "book it." Thanks again to
Scott Kelly and Trent Jurewicz for volunteering to present. Could
still use one to two more lightening talks, if anyone has something
they'd like to talk about.

Imaginary will host and provide pizza, beer and soda. I'll put
together an RSVP later today or Monday.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Brian

Lorena Mesa

Jan 29, 2015, 8:05:48 PM1/29/15
to django-...@googlegroups.com
So sad to come to this conversation late in the game! I'm actually working on organizing DjangoGirls (through Chicago PyLadies, we're starting on 2/24 with a kick off event!) and would love to chat about the workshop and find if there's any ability for some cross group collaboration on this. Please feel free to email me or tweet me (@loooorenanicole or @PyLadiesChicago). Thanks! Hope to see another Chicago Djangonauts MeetUp soon!!!