A post DjangoCon meetup

Brian Moloney

Sep 24, 2013, 1:09:30 PM9/24/13
to Chicago Djangonauts
Greetings Djangonauts,

Now that DjangoCon is over and the weather cooling down, it's time for
the Chicago Djangonauts group to come out of summer hibernation and
talk of things Django.

Thursday, October 17th

If you have something you'd like to talk about, shout it out. Given
the number of dev-ops-related talks at DjangoCon, perhaps there is an
emerging theme...

If you'd like to host, shout out too. Otherwise, Imaginary will be
the fall-back venue.

Let's work hard to put a great meetup together! It's been too long
since we've hung out!

Brian

Louis

Sep 25, 2013, 5:56:01 PM9/25/13
to django-...@googlegroups.com
+1 For Dev Ops talks.

Matt Dennewitz

Oct 2, 2013, 9:05:19 PM10/2/13
to django-...@googlegroups.com
still looking for talks? i just os'd a ctypes wrapper for libhashring, and could talk about using hash rings with your cdn to speed up page load times (if anyone's interested).

Dan Johnson

Oct 3, 2013, 4:59:08 PM10/3/13
to django-...@googlegroups.com
I've also done some stuff with consistent hashing and CDNs recently.  Would be awesome to compare notes, etc.!

Dan

Brian Moloney

Oct 9, 2013, 4:44:33 PM10/9/13
to Chicago Djangonauts
Reminder that we are still looking for 1-2 more talks and any venue
volunteers. Chime in so we can finalize the date/time/location/talks.

Brian

Paul Ebreo

Oct 10, 2013, 4:07:53 PM10/10/13
to django-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I volunteer doing a lightning talk on "A newbie intro to Django+Cookiecutter" if nobody has taken that yet. :)

-Paul

Brian Moloney

Oct 14, 2013, 1:59:56 PM10/14/13
to Chicago Djangonauts
This Thursday at 6:30pm.

Thanks to Matt Dennewitz for volunteering to speak about his recent
experience with using hash rings with your cdn to speed up page load
times and to Paul Ebreo for his lightning talk on Django+Cookiecutter.

Still space for one more talk if anyone has something interesting
they're working on.

Imaginary Landscape will host at 5121 N. Ravenswood Ave. in Chicago
and will provide pizza, beer and soft drinks.

Please RSVP:

https://www.facebook.com/events/638048146216857
http://www.chicagodjango.com and submit your RSVP on the contact form.

See you Thursday,