Looking for a django developer

Simon Liedtke

Mar 2, 2015, 10:01:26 AM3/2/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
We're looking for a web developer for the development of an existing open source crowdsourcing platform against land grabbing. The contract could start the earliest possible date for at least one year as a freelancer or a permanent position.

About us
„sinnwerkstatt“ is an agency for social-ecological change: We are aware of the many challenges of time and see ourselves as part of a global ecosystem for which we are responsible. With our work we design individual and collective processes of change in order to promote a socially just and environmentally sustainable society.

Responsible commitment to social and environmental change mean for us holistic action: We work exclusively for projects and people whose values ​​we may agree with our philosophy. We do not consider ourselves as a service, but are partners in the implementation of successful communication. As important as the choice of our customers is the right way of working inside for us: Our interaction is characterized by a playful, appreciative and friendly cooperation. We believe in a quality of life that emanates not from materialistic consumption but of communal self-realization.

Your tasks:
- Merge multiple databases (PostgreSQL + PostGIS)
- Development of the API
- If possible support for technical workshops and interface design
- Revise templates and "views" (Django), with front-end support
- Expand the database with polygons
- Introducing a Map Engine for Open Street Map and context layers
- Revise the crowdsourcing editor and moderation workflow
- Testing and documentation

Your Profile:
- You are a passionate developer with experience in Django.
- You have implemented various projects with Python.
- You have at best experience with PostgreSQL and PostGIS.
- You have an independent style and are able to plan your tasks on time and complete.
- You speak English fluently.
- Sustainable themes inspire you and you want to actively participate in social change.

We offer:
- the freedom to realize your own ideas,
- really flat hierarchies and work in a young team,
- interdisciplinary cooperation with the areas of web, graphic, animation and strategy
- creative freedom and responsibility for the project in collaboration with professional colleagues,
- access to a widely ramified, creative and sustainable network,
- spaces and possibilities for your personal growth and development,
- fair payment by the standards of comfortable sufficiency,
- the possibility of permanent employment after a rehearsal phase, healthy working hours
- and also incredibly good karma!

Application:
Please send your application to jo...@sinnwerkstatt.com. In addition to a selection of current samples of work we want an indication of your hourly rate / salary. We look forward to you!

--