[tagging] cannot import generic

Ddper

Sep 2, 2008, 4:10:35 AM9/2/08
to Django Apps
hi, all,
I installed django-tagging0.2.1 successfully, but I can not use it
because there is a error called: "cannot import generic" I added
django.contrib.contenttypes in my INSTALLED_APPS.
I use django0.96, I try this

In [1]: from django.contrib.contenttypes import generic
<type 'exceptions.ImportError'> Traceback (most recent call
last)

/home/orange/project/mysite/<ipython console> in <module>()

<type 'exceptions.ImportError'>: cannot import name generic

So I think maybe django-tagging need the trunk version of django, am I
right?
How can I use django-tagging on django0.96? thx

DvD

Sep 5, 2008, 12:12:39 PM9/5/08
to Django Apps
Hi Ddper,
I think the best way to make it work is update/upgrade to the latest
version of Django, but make sure you have updated your applications to
the new admin interface first.
I am using rosetta with django svn (v1.0) and i have no problems at
all.

django.contrib.contenttypes.generic was created on revision 5172, I'm
not sure what revision is 0.96.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
David