intermediate page

gordon

Jul 19, 2022, 10:19:39 AM7/19/22
to django-allauth
Hi there.  I have written an integration for ADFS in the past: https://github.com/thenewguy/django-allauth-adfs

I would like to improve the responsiveness and introduce retry logic for failed communication between the django application and the ADFS server.  Right now, it can take some time from when the ADFS server redirects to the django application and when the user sees a response.

Is there anywhere I can hook in to provide a branded "loading" page response for the user to sit on while the integration fetches records and such to validate the ADFS response?

Is the best approach to override the `complete_login` method on the `OAuth2Adapter` and then redirect to a landing page.  Then run the `self.get_provider().sociallogin_from_response()` result from there?