Coinbase - documentation / help

MARK BENNETT

Jun 21, 2021, 4:07:47 PM6/21/21
to django-allauth
Hi,

Hoping someone can advise on Coinbase support please - I can find little to no info on using Allauth with Coinbase (CB isn't in the documentation on the providers page but exists in the codebase, references all over Google).

I have Allauth running fine with Google, however all I can get CB to do is generate a variety of errors.
I see there's an open PR from (iirc) 2017 ish to update to Coinbase V2. I've manually made the changes to the Coinbase provider from the PR and I can:
  • Load a login screen
  • Redirect to CB
  • Auth the app (with email confirmation from CB received)
Then when redirected back to my callback URL (checked many times for accuracy), I get the following error in my error template:

Error: Error retrieving access token: b'Invalid request. Instead of a GET request, you should be making a POST with valid POST params. For more information, see https://developers.coinbase.com/docs/wallet/coinbase-connect'

Anyone able to offer any clues as to why Allauth might not be posting back here (assuming the error message is to be believed)?
Coinbase is returning a valid code and 'state' in the URL, but Allauth doesn't seem to be passing it back correctly.

Is Coinbase supported by Allauth or do I need to RYO here?

Thanks very much

Kosta Dafoulas

Jun 23, 2021, 1:38:25 PM6/23/21
to MARK BENNETT, django-allauth
This email group is for the development of the Django project itself. Please reference stack overflow, github, etc.

V/r,
Kosta