Menu appearance in Internet Explorer 8

Tobia

Sep 6, 2012, 12:04:49 PM9/6/12
to django-ad...@googlegroups.com
Hi

In my tests the top menu doesn't seem to display correctly in IE8. Does anybody else have this problem? Or is it something in my installation?

Before I delve into the CSS, has anybody had the chance to work on it?

Tobia

David Jean Louis

Sep 6, 2012, 4:00:04 PM9/6/12
to django-ad...@googlegroups.com, Tobia
Hi Tobia,

The menu and sub-menus look good for me on my XP virtual machine (IE 8
version: 8.0.6001.18702).
What's the problem exactly ?

--
David

Le 06/09/2012 18:04, Tobia a �crit :

Tobia Conforto

Sep 7, 2012, 6:17:10 AM9/7/12
to django-ad...@googlegroups.com, David Jean Louis
You are right. A clean installation shows no issue.
Sorry for the trouble.

Tobia

On 6 Sep 2012, at 22:00, David Jean Louis wrote:

> Hi Tobia,
>
> The menu and sub-menus look good for me on my XP virtual machine (IE 8
> version: 8.0.6001.18702).
> What's the problem exactly ?
>
> --
> David

Tobia Conforto

Sep 7, 2012, 12:00:48 PM9/7/12
to django-ad...@googlegroups.com, David Jean Louis
I noticed a small glitch in IE 9: the down arrow of popup menus overlaps the menu item. See Administration in the attached screenshot. I solved it by applying a style to IE 9 only:

#header ul#navigation-menu li span { margin-left: 35px; }

This is on a fresh installation of Django 1.4.1 and django-admin-tools 0.4.1 in a virtualenv with Python 2.6.6. I created a new project and enabled the admin and the admin tools--and had to set ADMIN_MEDIA_PREFIX = '/static/admin/', otherwise the CSS wouldn't load, but that's another bug report!

Tobia

Screen shot 2012-09-07 at 17.26.14.png