gmail.com dialback issue?

Ask Bjørn Hansen

Aug 3, 2011, 2:05:07 AM8/3/11
to djabberd
Hi everyone,

Since some months(?) ago our djabberd stopped talking to gmail.com;
the log just says

2011-08-02 22:55:59.200332500 17797 ERROR
DJabberd.Queue.ServerOut Connection error while
connecting to gmail.com, giving up

Anyone see the same thing? I upgraded to the latest git version just
now. Until then the djabberd process had happily been running since
the server was last rebooted about a year ago. We're using a variant
of the "sixatalk" program for LDAP integration for our internal users.

- ask

Peter Saint-Andre

Aug 3, 2011, 11:54:49 AM8/3/11
to djab...@googlegroups.com, Ask Bjørn Hansen
We've having issues at jabber.org too (using a codebase other than
djabberd):

http://www.jabber.org/2011/08/connectivity-issues/

Paul Lindner

Aug 3, 2011, 12:00:29 PM8/3/11
to djab...@googlegroups.com, Ask Bjørn Hansen
I'll see if I can find the right people here at Google.

If you can get detailed diagnostics/packet traces it would help.

Thanks!

Peter Saint-Andre

Aug 3, 2011, 12:35:42 PM8/3/11
to djab...@googlegroups.com, Paul Lindner, Ask Bjørn Hansen
I've been coordinating with folks on the Talk team. But thanks for
offering. :)

On 8/3/11 10:00 AM, Paul Lindner wrote:
> I'll see if I can find the right people here at Google.
>
> If you can get detailed diagnostics/packet traces it would help.
>
> Thanks!
>

> On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 8:54 AM, Peter Saint-Andre <stp...@stpeter.im

> <mailto:stp...@stpeter.im>> wrote:
>
> We've having issues at jabber.org <http://jabber.org> too (using a

> codebase other than
> djabberd):
>
> http://www.jabber.org/2011/08/connectivity-issues/
>
> On 8/3/11 12:05 AM, Ask Bjørn Hansen wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > Since some months(?) ago our djabberd stopped talking to gmail.com

> <http://gmail.com>;

> > the log just says
> >
> > 2011-08-02 22:55:59.200332500 17797 ERROR
> > DJabberd.Queue.ServerOut Connection error while

> > connecting to gmail.com <http://gmail.com>, giving up

Paul Lindner

Aug 3, 2011, 12:37:06 PM8/3/11
to Peter Saint-Andre, djab...@googlegroups.com, Ask Bjørn Hansen
Okay, that's even better.

Ask Bjørn Hansen

Aug 4, 2011, 10:35:20 AM8/4/11
to djabberd
I got a note from a friend at Google this morning saying it's supposed
to be fixed. I flushed our DNS cache and indeed gmail contacts came
back; so I take it that they fixed some bad DNS configuration.

Peter Saint-Andre

Aug 4, 2011, 12:09:06 PM8/4/11
to djab...@googlegroups.com, Ask Bjørn Hansen

Yes, they had problems with their DNS SRV records. Fixed and working
well again!

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

Ask Bjørn Hansen

Aug 22, 2011, 4:23:38 PM8/22/11

On Aug 4, 2011, at 9:09, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

>> I got a note from a friend at Google this morning saying it's supposed
>> to be fixed. I flushed our DNS cache and indeed gmail contacts came
>> back; so I take it that they fixed some bad DNS configuration.
>
> Yes, they had problems with their DNS SRV records. Fixed and working
> well again!

I emailed someone on the 4th that it was working again; but actually for us it's not (with djabberd).

Anyone else?

- ask

Peter Saint-Andre

Aug 24, 2011, 6:03:39 PM8/24/11
to djab...@googlegroups.com, Ask Bjørn Hansen

It comes and goes. Seems to be more fragile than necessary...

Ask Bjørn Hansen

Aug 24, 2011, 6:04:38 PM8/24/11

On Aug 24, 2011, at 15:03, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

> It comes and goes. Seems to be more fragile than necessary...

Yeah, it's working here again.

- ask