Error with SASL authentication while connection using libstrophe

Ani

May 7, 2012, 7:48:54 AM5/7/12
to djabberd
Hello,

I am trying to use libstrophe sample programs to connect to Djabberd
server
and I am observing the following error:

ERROR DJabberd.Connection.ClientIn 1 disconnected
DJabberd::Connection::ClientIn=ARRAY(0x8de6048) because: Cannot find a
SASL Connection library for server-side authentication at lib/DJabberd/
SASL/Manager/AuthenSASL.pm line 13

I made only 1 change in the demo.conf

<Plugin DJabberd::SASL::AuthenSASL>
Optional No
Mechanisms PLAIN
</Plugin>

I removed other 2 mechanisms, to force PLAIN.

Is there anything else I need to change in the config file, or any
other module I have
to install to get this connection up ?

TIA
---
Regards,
Ani

Yann Kerherve

May 7, 2012, 1:07:48 PM5/7/12
to djab...@googlegroups.com

ERROR DJabberd.Connection.ClientIn             1 disconnected
DJabberd::Connection::ClientIn=ARRAY(0x8de6048) because: Cannot find a
SASL Connection library for server-side authentication at lib/DJabberd/
SASL/Manager/AuthenSASL.pm line 13

This error comes from the line:
  croak $err || "Cannot find a SASL Connection library for server-side authentication";

in Authen::SASL librarie (dependency) try to see what's in $err. You probably miss a another dependency

Yann