Fwd: Spatial AI for LEGO-sized Robot Navigation, A New Interview with OpenCV's CEO, plus: Who Won The 5 Free OAK-D-LITEs?

jesse brockmann

Apr 12, 2022, 6:47:27 PM4/12/22
to diyr...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: OpenCV.org <newsl...@opencv.org>
Date: Tue, Apr 12, 2022, 5:42 PM
Subject: Spatial AI for LEGO-sized Robot Navigation, A New Interview with OpenCV's CEO, plus: Who Won The 5 Free OAK-D-LITEs?
To: Jesse <jjbr...@gmail.com>

Hello Jesse,

Greetings from San Francisco. In this week's action-packed OpenCV Newsletter you'll find this week's webinar about robot navigation using LEGO and AI, see the top 2022 CV trends episode on YouTube, get a new interview with OpenCV CEO Dr. Satya Mallick, and find out which OpenCV AI Game Show contestant got the most votes for their Wrong Answers Only answer. Plus: Which of you voters won the 5 free OAK-D-LITEs for participating! Let's go!

Robot Navigation With AI and Tiny Road Signs

This week our guest on OpenCV Weekly Webinar is Jesse Brockmann of OpenCV Spatial AI Contest team Midwest Defenders. Jesse has built a really cool system for robot navigation using handmade LEGO-scale road signs.

See how his project works and stay tuned for our giveaway of Microsoft Azure credits on blazing fast Intel hardware from our sponsors, and a special SparkFun discount code for viewers. As always we'll have time for Q&A from you in the audience as well.

Date & Time: Thursday, April14th 2022, 9am Pacific

Topic: Using Spatial AI For Navigation with LEGO and OpenCV AI Kit

Guest: Jesse Brockmann (Team Midwest Defenders)

Hosts: Dr. Satya Mallick (CEO, OpenCV), Phil Nelson (Content Manager, OpenCV)

Attend on Zoom

Other ways to attend:

AI Competitions Rally the Dev Community and Boost Careers

Paula Ramos and Satya Mallick

Multiple-time OpenCV contest participant and current Intel employee Paula Ramos, who you may recognize from OpenCV Weekly Webinar Episode 27, recently published a sit-down interview with OpenCV CEO Dr. Satya Mallick on Medium.

It's a free-ranging chat between industry pros. As Paula writes in the introduction, "Do you dream of a career in AI? Are you curious about what the world of AI has to offer? Do you dream in code? If so, then this blog is for you."

Read the article: https://medium.com/@paularamos_5416/ai-competitions-rally-the-dev-community-and-boost-careers-134d62030b9b

Top Computer Vision Trends Of 2022 On YouTube

Last week's episode of OpenCV Weekly Webinar featured Vahan and Oscar from SuperAnnotate. Learn about the trends they're seeing so far in 2022, and see which lucky viewer won an entire year of SuperAnnotate, FREE!

Watch The Episode

OpenCV AI Game Show Wrong Answers Only Winners

Over the last several weeks we've encouraged you to vote for your favorite answer on OpenCV AI Game Show's Wrong Answers Only segment. Today we're sharing the results of that vote, and the names of the voters who were randomly chosen to win 1 of 5 FREE OAK-D-LITE AI cameras.

Congratulations to Vikas Reddy, who not only won the game show but also the popular vote! That brings the total raised for his chosen charity to $3,500. See the full amounts and contestant charities on our blog.

and without further ado, the list of 5 randomly-chosen winners of a free OAK-D-LITE, their full names and emails obfuscated for privacy reasons:

  • Allan R - m*@al*********l.com
  • Ben K - k******33@gm**l.com
  • John H - j**n@th******s.name
  • Donna W - d*****na@de*******s.com
  • Patrick W - pa*************v@gm**l.com

Congratulations to you lucky winners! We'll contact you soon to get your free OAKs in the mail.

Be excellent to each other,

– The OpenCV Team

Unsubscribe | Update your profile | 445 Sherman Ave, Suite 150 , Palo Alto, CA 94306