RTK accuracy

Jon Russell

May 30, 2023, 11:40:31 AM5/30/23
to diyrovers
Hi Guys,

I know this group hasn't been active for a while, but I thought I'd give it go.

I'm playing with the uBlox RTK. I got it working this weekend.

When I configure the base station to survey in, I have to give it a "minimum duration" and an "accuracy limit".

The question is; what difference does the accuracy limit make?

If I survey in to 5m accuracy (very quick completed in 60 seconds) does the rover still have 5cm resolution (i.e. I can drive it in a circle and it will come back to the same spot +/- 5cm) however, the exact location of that spot could be 5m away from its actual precise location on the globe?

If I survey in to 0.5m, then the actual location of the rover will be 0.5m accurate to its exact position on the globe, but still with 5cm repeatability?

I'm probably misusing those terms, but I think you get the gist. :-)

I'm trying to work out how long I can be bothered to wait for the base to survey in each time and the pro's and con's. I'm debating if I fix the base to the house, and let it survey in for a week but then never move it, or keep it mobile and let it survey in for an hour, each time I use it.

Thanks.

Jon.