3D Printed Isomorphic Keyboard Piano Overlay

John Moriarty

Dec 10, 2017, 3:15:28 PM12/10/17
to diykeyboard
Hi Y'all =)

I've got a working prototype of an isomorphic keyboard overlay that sits on top of a standard piano keyboard. It can be lifted away and moved to another keyboard easily which is nice. Here's a quick overview and demonstration if you'd like to take a look:

You can also check me out playing Donna Lee (at a snail's pace) on the first (flat) version I printed here:

I've uploaded the openSCAD files as well as the .stl files to thingiverse here:

PaulPb

Feb 3, 2018, 7:43:02 PM2/3/18
to diykeyboard
Hello - Your "action" Idea is interesting - What is the 'Rod' secured to on either side? I could imagine you would be able to raise or lower the keys - if 'whatever' secures the keys -via the rod has extra holes  - maybe a better question is, do you have a 'block' (with holes for the rod) on either end of the keyboard? is it adjustable in some way....notches holes or something?

Regards; PaulPb

John Moriarty

Feb 3, 2018, 10:10:34 PM2/3/18
to diyke...@googlegroups.com
Howdy! At the moment, the rod isn't secured to anything, and it's been surprising to me how little of a problem it's been. (The overlay doesn't seem to want to slide toward the player during play.) Ideally, it would be secured though, which would probably have to be done on a keyboard by keyboard basis.

What makes you think about raising or lowering the keys? Do you mean to make the surface more or less slanted, or just higher or lower?

Cheers

--
You are subscribed to the Google Groups "diykeyboard" group.