I'm trying to help a very deserving young lady get an education.

roy pertchik

Jul 29, 2018, 10:39:33 PM7/29/18
to Roy Pertchik
Hi folks,

Please forgive my mass mailing.  I made this GoFundMe campaign.  I'm not forwarding some link, I know this young lady personally, she's really a standout!  I've never done this before, but she is truly an amazing young person who deserves a chance to realize her dreams to be a doctor (more details about her below).  I hope you will take a look and give.  We're almost there, we only need to raise a $$1,700 more to forever change her life and the lives of her future patients!  Can you give a bit?

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Roy

CLICK THE LINK JUST BELOW or copy and paste it: (Yes, it's safe, yes this is Roy.  Write me if you want me to confirm ;^)

Link:

Here is a copy of the GoFundMe:

Help Estefany Gonzalez, a gifted Guatemalan student, become a doctor!

I've been lucky to meet and work with a lot of great kids over the last few years, here in Guatemala.  Among them, I met an amazing standout!  Everyone who meets Estefany immediately recognizes that she is an exceptional young woman who, with a little help, will have a great future and will make a difference in a lot of lives.  At 15, she speaks with confidence and intelligence that really shines among her peers.  She has terrific leadership abilities and has a great kindness in the way she helps her classmates, all the while exhibiting humility and a charming poise.  But here in her home town of San Pedro, there are no educational opportunities suitable for Estafany’s abilities.  Unless we can help her, Estefany’s promising future will not be fulfilled.

Estefany has always dreamed of being a Doctor of Obstetrics.  Here in Guatemala, medical school will be available to her tuition free!  But first, she needs to complete 2 years of a preparatory program at Centro de Estudios Integrados, in Quetzaltenango.  This program will include classes in science and medicine, and will include hands-on clinical work for Estefany, helping the sick, drawing blood, etc.  It's clear she can do it, she's an A student, and she deserves a chance, but she needs our help.

Here in San Pedro, Estefany and her siblings are being raised by her single mom, Lola, who does bead work to provide for her family.  Unfortunately, the expense of the prep program in Quetzaltenango is way beyond their reach.  The program tuition is a modest-by-first-world-standards $1,350 per year, and we are budgeting an addition $1,150 per year for living expenses, books, and other necessities.  That’s $2,500 per year for just two years, to change a life, to give a really talented young women a chance she won't get otherwise.     And guess what...  We already have an amazing pledge for half the two year cost, so all Estefany needs is $2,500 more.  So, my friends Lorna and Imre Kepes and I are trying to help raise the money necessary to give this remarkable young woman a bridge to the wonderful future she deserves!  Please help ;^)

Roy Pertchik
, Architect
NYS Arch., NCARB

San Pedro La Laguna
Guatemala
502 4341 2292

Let's make the world a little better

Alexandre Oberlin

Jul 30, 2018, 5:59:48 AM7/30/18
to diyke...@googlegroups.com, roy pertchik
You are an American architect and you can't lend $2500 to your young friend? This scam will be reported.