DIYbio workshop in Newcastle in June

stacey k

Mar 1, 2012, 2:55:08 PM3/1/12
to diyb...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

[sorry for cross-posting]

I am co-organizing a DIYbio+design workshop in June, in Newcastle, UK as part of the DIS'12 conference (http://dis2012.org/)

We hope to bring together a diverse group of biologists,
bioartists, and members of the DIYbio community to look at the
intersection of biology, computation and DIY. The workshop will
 revolve around hands-on biology activities as well as brainstorming
and discussions. We might focus on themes such as: integrating organic
materials into interactive systems; technologies that support and
hinder public engagement with science; and interactive systems that
facilitate public discourse around bioethics and biosafety, etc.

Our workshop website has more details: http://staceyk.org/diybioworkshop

Please let me know if you're interested. Thanks!

--
-stacey
http://www.staceyk.org/