Interactive Microbe Map: It's alive!

Dan Hett

Sep 25, 2011, 12:15:29 PM9/25/11
to DIYBIOMCR
Hi all

Very quick one, just in case anyone's interested in following how this
takes shape. I've built the basic map, and it's pulling in individual
teams into it. The only parts that are active the moment are the
individual team buttons, so you can see the routes plotted on the map.

Over the next few days I'll be adding custom markers in there, that
will show names, colony counts, and thumbnails if applicable. Then
after that it'll be the "data of interest" bits.

Keep an eye on it, it'll be update a few times over the next few days
as and when I get time. If anyone has any suggestions on how I should
improve this, please speak up! Also, if anyone's sitting on results
that aren't added to the spreadsheet, it would be great if you could
drop those in!

http://danhett.com/projects/microbe/

Dan

Lucy

Sep 26, 2011, 3:06:12 PM9/26/11
to diyb...@googlegroups.com
Hey Dan

That looks fantastic!

I can't see my team's results on there though. I put them on the original map, but not on a spreadsheet. Can someone send me the link please?

Dan Hett

Sep 27, 2011, 5:29:23 AM9/27/11
to DIYBIOMCR
Yup, I only put the spreadsheet ones on so far. That's the master
list!

Spreadsheet is here, you should be able to view it without signing
in:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An_-kU1iKMmUdGNuaHlwRjNsd1YyN2tZZTgycTB4Y1E&hl=en_US

Dan

On Sep 26, 8:06 pm, Lucy <lucybrid...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Dan
>
> That looks fantastic!
>
> I can't see my team's results on there though. I put them on the original
> map, but not on a spreadsheet. Can someone send me the link please?

Asa Calow

Sep 27, 2011, 5:44:27 AM9/27/11
to diyb...@googlegroups.com
That's not the microbe map data, that's a survey about 1986! :-) A fine year from what I recall. A few of us were moving the data over from the map (which wasn't in a particularly usable form for visualisations etc.) to the spreadsheet but it looks like your team might have been missed off. When I get a moment, I'll dive back in and have a look.

Dan Hett

Sep 27, 2011, 7:26:55 AM9/27/11
to DIYBIOMCR
Oh crap, so it is! Stupid Google docs. Or maybe stupid me.

I can't open permissions on the doc anyway so there's no point me
putting the link on here. Let me know if you update it and I'll update
my part too. Should be finishing off the interactive this week.

Dan