Biohacking workshop and panel session next Thursday

Asa Calow

Nov 10, 2012, 5:56:28 AM11/10/12
to diyb...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

Just a quick email to let you all know that we're running a workshop and panel session next Thursday with NESTA, on the subject of biohacking.

The workshop in particular will be super exciting as we've taken delivery of some Genomikon (http://genomikon.ca) kits. These are something that Rachael and I had the pleasure of tinkering with at the FBI-DIYbio workshop over the summer, and represent the limits of what can be accomplished using Synthetic Biology techniques outside of a commercial/academic biolab – splicing parts together to create new genetic circuitry and using them to modify some e.coli, all in an afternoon!

Anyway, if anyone is interested it's free to sign up and there's more information here: http://diybio.eventbrite.com.

Hope to see you over at MadLab next week.

Asa