Microbial Fuel Cell 101

Hwa Young Jung

Jan 12, 2012, 10:25:53 AM1/12/12
to DIYBIOMCR
The evening of the 25th January is a DIYbio fuel cell special, where
we'll be building and comparing an array of microbe-powered batteries
with the help of MMU's Dr. Trish Linton who also ran the fuel cell
session at the DIYbio Summit back in October. Along the way we'll be
trying to answer some crucial microbe-y questions:

• How do microbial fuel cells actually work?
• Which part of the Northern Quarter has the hardest working soil
bacteria?
• Who would win in a tug of war? Brewers' yeast or the instant stuff
out of a packet?
• Will microbes fuel the future? When will my car have a composter
rather than a fuel tank?

So come on over at 7pm on the 25th Jan – no need to being anything
other than some microbe-y enthusiasm. All bugs courtesy of the
Northern Quarter.

More info here http://diybio.madlab.org.uk/wp/2012/01/diybio-%E2%80%93-microbial-fuel-cell-101/
Book your place here! http://fuelcell.eventbrite.com/