Paralens fluorescence microscope objective for DAPI and Hoechst?

Mike

Jun 23, 2017, 5:27:05 PM6/23/17
to DIYbio
Hello all,

As a cheap alternative to a fluorescence microscope for my home lab, I am considering the Paralens Advance screw-on objective lens.

(Please see page 9 of the PDF for an illustration of light spectra)

The Paralens produces excitation at 385-480nm and emission at 480nm (as far as I can tell, please see PDF above!). [b]Question[/b]: Will this device work with Hoechst 33258 and DAPI stain (spectra as below)?

- Hoechst 33258: excitation: 352, emission: 461
- DAPI: excitation: 358, emission: 461

Thank you,

Mike