Apply to the 2022 GOSH Gathering in Panamá!

Brianna Johns

Apr 6, 2022, 10:07:49 AMApr 6
to DIYbio

Hi all,

The Gathering for Open Science Hardware (GOSH) community is excited to announce that the 2022 GOSH Gathering will be held in Panamá, from October 26-29! The Gathering will be held in Ciudad Del Saber, Panamá. It’s on the edge of Panama City, across the street from the Canal, and only 30 minutes from the nearest international airport.

Applications to attend the Gathering are now open! The deadline for applications is April 30, 2022, and we will send out invitations to join GOSH by mid-June 2022. Apply here!

Who should apply?

We’re looking for people who are actively engaged in open hardware for science as developers, users, inventors, tinkerers, organizers, artists, and thinkers who can contribute to growing the community and movement. This event is for people working in all different forms of science, from citizen and community science to academic research and industrial R&D. We will select a combination that will best represent the diversity of projects in the OSH movement and its international nature.

Format of the Gathering

GOSH Gatherings are held in an “Unconference Style” that follows our Community Events Framework. This means that the majority of the conference is actually planned and created by the participants once they arrive! Only a basic structure is pre-planned, and the overall conference is free to change and evolve to fit the needs of the participants.

Background on GOSH and the Gatherings

GOSH is a global community of artists, researchers, activists, hardware developers, and more dedicated to making open science hardware ubiquitous by 2025. One of the hallmarks of the GOSH Community is its annual Global Gatherings, which have been held all across the world!

There have been three GOSH Global Gatherings so far, in Switzerland, Chile, and China. We try to move the location of this large gathering from year to year to try to give more people the opportunity to join us. The fourth Global Gathering was originally scheduled for 2020, but the pandemic caused major delays. The next gathering is now set for Panamá in 2022!

For more information, check out the website for the 2022 Gathering.

Thanks,
Bri Johns