MN/Twin Cities DIYBio initiative looking for interns

Destiny Z

May 15, 2014, 11:14:04 AM5/15/14
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Hey Everyone!

I am the lab director at Spark-Y (spark-y.org) - a sustainability and education non-profit located in Minneapolis, MN. We are a very young organization, and one of our goals is having a functional DIYbio lab. As the lab director and head/founder of that initiative, I have been building a space for us to start doing experiments and building equipment. This summer we are conducting our annual summer internship, and my group will be focusing on developing equiptment and running sample experiments.

I am looking for interns with an interest in biology. No experience is necessary, and the internship is open to people ages 16 to 24. Why such a large age range? We offer our internship for college credit, as well as leave it open for participation from our partner high schools. My group is specifically looking for college age people, but highly motivated or qualified high school students also will be considered. You do not need to be a student to apply.

If anyone in this forum is interested in applying, please comment and sign up here: http://spark-y.org/projects/summer-internship/

If you know anyone who lives in the twin cities that might be interested, please get the word out. I would love to have other biohackers to talk with while building some of the amazing equipment that I've seen on this forum and arround the internet.

- DZ