hydrolyzing chicken sternum collagen

Daniel C.

Apr 28, 2023, 2:56:23 PM4/28/23
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I saw this patent: https://patents.google.com/patent/US8563045B2/en and would like to try reproducing their procedure at home.  It looks like the primary step is "treating the cartilage with a proteolytic enzyme to form a hydrolysate, the proteolytic enzyme being capable of hydrolyzing collagen type II to fragments having a molecular weight of between 50 to 10,000 daltons."

They're pretty light on details, but it seems like if you ground up the cartilage and put it in a solution of protease and just let it stew for a while you'd get basically the same result.

Thoughts?

--Dan

Dan Kolis

Apr 28, 2023, 7:28:33 PM4/28/23
to DIYbio

Hmmm, that is a presumed corrective action for Arthritis.

Decades old, I dont know how legit it is...

Collagen rattling around inside the being is not necessarily the point, right ? Has to be in exactly the place mother nature needs it...

Still, sure maybe some utility in trying it ? Dunno....

Regs
Daniel B. Kolis

Daniel C.

Apr 28, 2023, 9:55:57 PM4/28/23
to diy...@googlegroups.com
They claim to have some double-blind, placebo-controlled studies backing up their claims (which are related to both join pain and anti-aging,) but both studies I've seen have an employee of the company that filed the patent listed among the authors.  And it's only two studies, so I'm extremely skeptical.

I'm mostly just curious whether I could do it at home.  I cook and eat a lot of chickens anyway so it'd be no problem to cut out the sternum, grind it up, and throw it in some protease for a day.  But I'm not sure if that would achieve the same thing they're claiming.

--Dan

Learn more at www.diybio.org
---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/2078b8bb-7db6-4840-9d9e-fe7f599f12b6n%40googlegroups.com.

Dan Kolis

Apr 29, 2023, 7:47:16 AM4/29/23
to DIYbio

the above URL may apply, lista work with 503 patients with RA.

Obviously even a very casual assay needs controls of some kind for perception of pain, etc.

Its odd such an obvious remedy hasn't garnered more attention really.

I could go on and on WHY this might work. Of course the same auto immune response that cause RA and other etiologies is likely to kick in to the chicken added product.

However if it REALLY WORKS FOR SURE for 45 days, thats time for meddling with PHY and RNA tails and the other ways around that.

I mean I can easily visualize a sequence of products to test to be admin to patients sequentially, ex years of relief.

Its a big project. this is real FDA big boy stuff to complete. But a little start could add some forward momentum with almost nothing.

the dirst kidney dialysis to save a human life was made form aquiriuam pumps and tin cans. IT WORKED QUITE WELL. molecules can evade accounting and work, but the admin to bless things and common sense to make them in quan, it all about money and lots of it.

Maybe writeup what you think here. its not so simple... collegen, hydro-oxy-proline, these molecules are well characterized too....

How do various cremes and so to to preserve skin propose a topical goop gets into the body, anyway ?

Seems like the molecules must be very non soluble.

Regs
Daniel B. Kolis