DIYbio.org survey, win a free iPad/OpenPRC

Dan

Jan 22, 2013, 10:09:24 AM1/22/13
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Hello DIYers,

In the last few months, DIYbio and the community science movement have come under increasing scrutiny in policy circles. The attention rises from a spate of articles that paint citizen scientists as national security risks. I'm working in conjunction with DIYbio.org and the Wilson Center to dispell the misconceptions about the community.

We need 7-15 minutes of your time to take this survey in order to show the policymakers a more accurate portrait of the community.  As a perk, those who complete the survey will be in entered into a drawing for your choice of an OpenPCR or iPAD 2.

Click here to take the survey. (https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/diybio)

Thanks again for your help!

Daniel Grushkin
The founders of DIYbio.org
and The Wilson Center

Dan

Jan 22, 2013, 12:22:42 PM1/22/13
to diy...@googlegroups.com
I should also mention that some of the results will make their way into a Wilson Center report that has the potential to reach a lot eyes in government circles. This is our opportunity to show the world what we're about. I hope you'll help: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/diybio

Thanks,

Dan

Cathal Garvey

Jan 22, 2013, 12:27:22 PM1/22/13
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Well, I've got an OpenPCR and I have zero interest in an iThing, but I
filled it out nonetheless. If I'm the lucky winner I can donate the
OpenPCR to a hackerspace, I guess! ;)

Brim McCarthy

Jan 22, 2013, 1:18:35 PM1/22/13
to diy...@googlegroups.com
I'm pretty new at all this, but I went ahead and filled it out to help the cause.

- Brim

Marnia Johnston

Jan 22, 2013, 1:22:49 PM1/22/13
to diy...@googlegroups.com
I do more art related work but I still spent some time over each answer. Thanks Daniel for putting this together.
Best,
Marnia

Learn more at www.diybio.org
---
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/diybio?hl=en.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/diybio/-/g0clIG7LEb0J.

Dan

Jan 22, 2013, 2:11:39 PM1/22/13
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Marnia and Brim, and everyone else. Keep them coming! And thanks Cathal--I know some hackerspaces that would love an OpenPCR. I'm really intent that we get an accurate portrait of our community. Thanks, Dan

Avery louie

Jan 22, 2013, 2:25:26 PM1/22/13
to diy...@googlegroups.com
I will forward this to my local list- you may want to do the same!

--A

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/diybio/-/Iz2HF9dVF5QJ.

Jason Bobe

Jan 22, 2013, 2:33:54 PM1/22/13
to diy...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday, January 22, 2013 2:25:26 PM UTC-5, Avery wrote:
I will forward this to my local list- you may want to do the same!

Thanks so much, Avery.  I hope we get as close as possible to a representative sample, so we all can have a better idea of shape of the community.  Participation by members of local groups is key, I think.

Jason

Thomas Landrain

Jan 22, 2013, 4:15:14 PM1/22/13
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Indeed Avery, this the best way to touch the most active part of the community. Now forwarded to the French community!

Patrik D'haeseleer

Jan 22, 2013, 4:42:14 PM1/22/13
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Nice Survey! Forwarded to BioCurious.

Patrik

Koeng

Jan 22, 2013, 6:30:38 PM1/22/13
to diy...@googlegroups.com
I filled it out even though I have a really cheesy 80 buck PCR machine that I bought on eBay :)

Avery Ashley

Jan 22, 2013, 11:44:34 PM1/22/13
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Crossing my fingers for that PCR machine, it would be a godsend