Re: Meetup in Bay Area this week

Tito Jankowski

Dec 2, 2010, 11:14:20 AM12/2/10
to diy...@googlegroups.com, diyb...@googlegroups.com, biocu...@googlegroups.com
Good question by the Dane!

Sounds like "The Liberties" is better for groups + chatting (thanks for the recommendation Cameron) so let's go with that.

7 PM - The Liberties
998 Guerrero St
(between 22nd St & Hill St)

P.S. All you out there who haven't written in but are in the area, come too!

Tito

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 12:45 AM, Marc Juul <mar...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 11:18 PM, Tito Jankowski <titoja...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey everybody,
Howabout we get some beer in the Mission to celebrate all our new friends. How's 7 pm Friday night at Shotwells:

I'm in!

Don't know the place though. Is the music / noise at a level where group conversations are possible?

--
Marc

Yamanoor Srihari

Dec 2, 2010, 11:23:25 AM12/2/10
to diyb...@googlegroups.com, diy...@googlegroups.com, biocu...@googlegroups.com
The city on a Friday night?

It doesn't get crazier than that. I may try the next one.

Enjoy,

Srihari

--
DIYbio.org San Francisco

For access to academic articles, email the title and author (or a url) to: getar...@googlegroups.com

Home: http://www.yamanoor.com/

Photography: http://www.yamanoor.net/

Laughs: http://ysrihari.blogspot.com/

Medical Devices: http://chaaraka.blogspot.com/

Earth: http://itshothere.org/

Jason Bobe

Dec 2, 2010, 12:30:59 PM12/2/10
to diyb...@googlegroups.com, biocu...@googlegroups.com
I'm in town too.  And I'd love to meet-up.  Another option that may be far less noisy on a Friday night is the coffee bar:

Lots of tables, some quite large. Open till 10.  They do serve beer/wine, but the atmosphere is probably more conducive.

I definitely want to check-out the bird farm some time too!

Thanks,
Jason

--
DIYbio.org San Francisco

For access to academic articles, email the title and author (or a url) to: getar...@googlegroups.com

Eri Gentry

Dec 2, 2010, 2:57:33 PM12/2/10
to diyb...@googlegroups.com, biocu...@googlegroups.com
I hope to visit The Bird Farm someday, too. My timing has so far been horrendous. It would be great to get a group of Bay Area folks together to visit. Maybe even next week? Are people open to it?  Of course, it's only OK if Simon's OK with it!

Eri

Tito Jankowski

Dec 2, 2010, 3:01:09 PM12/2/10
to diyb...@googlegroups.com
Yea, Birdfarm sounds like a great place to spend a day exploring! And finally get to meet Simon!

Sent from my iPhone

Raymond McCauley

Dec 3, 2010, 4:39:31 PM12/3/10
to biocu...@googlegroups.com, diy...@googlegroups.com, diyb...@googlegroups.com
I'll miss y'all in the city tonight -- have fun.

Would love to do the Birdfarm. Next week Mon-Tues are OK, packed
otherwise. Maybe the week after? Would be great to see Simon's stuff &
meet folks.

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 5:37 PM, Russell Whitaker
<russell....@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 2:45 PM, Mackenzie Cowell <m...@diybio.org> wrote:
>> Ok!  I talked to the manager at The Liberties and it sounds like we can get
>> a table in the back for the group for drinks and apps around 7pm.  Sound
>> good to everyone?
>> Mac
>>

> Would anyone be interested in my joining in for a couple of drinks myself too?
>
> Russell

>> On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Tito Jankowski <titoja...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>

>> --
>> +1.231.313.9062 / m...@diybio.org / @100ideas

>> --
>>

> --
> Russell Whitaker
> http://twitter.com/OrthoNormalRuss
> http://orthonormalruss.blogspot.com/

Eri Gentry

Dec 3, 2010, 6:55:38 PM12/3/10
to biocu...@googlegroups.com, diy...@googlegroups.com, diyb...@googlegroups.com
I just found out about the Flaming Lotus Girls. They sound great!

Bird Farm is Simon Quellen Field's impressive estate in Los Gatos. Simon has a treehouse, that's enough for me to be impressed, but the farm also has so much more, like alpacas! Check it out at http://www.birdfarm.org/

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 2:52 PM, Patrik D'haeseleer <pat...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

Don't think I'll make it this evening, even though I will actually be
in the city for a change (chocolate and bourbon tasting at TCHO, then
party with the Flaming Lotus Girls at SOMArts).

Maybe next time. What's this birdfarm you guys are talking about?

Patrik

Mackenzie Cowell

Dec 4, 2010, 2:58:40 PM12/4/10
to diyb...@googlegroups.com
Fun time last night.  Thanks for coming out everyone.  I had a great time.

Mac

--

Mac Cowell / @100ideas / +1.231.313.9062 / has100ideas.com /  DIYbio.org