Event: Ending the Year of Citizen Science + the Future of Participative Health (December 21/Palo Alto, CA)

瀏覽次數:0 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Bryan Bishop

未讀,
2010年12月20日 上午11:45:442010/12/20
收件者:diyb...@googlegroups.com、biocu...@googlegroups.com、diy...@googlegroups.com、Bryan Bishop
Ending the Year of Citizen Science + the Future of Participative Health. With Jason Bobe and Greg Biggers.
http://www.meetup.com/BioCurious/calendar/15681331/
http://biocurious.posterous.com/event-ending-the-year-of-citizen-science-the

"""
What: Ending the Year of Citizen Science + the Future of Participative Health.

When: Tuesday, December 21, 2010 6:30 PM

Where: Institute for the Future
124 University Avenue
Palo Alto, CA 94080

You are cordially invited to the BioCurious end-of-year holiday party/lecture! In typical fashion, please bring what you can to share. I'll handle the rest. I made a public spreadsheet you can add your items to. Also, if you can volunteer to help setup or cleanup, please email me (very little time commitment). Thanks, everyone! Now, a word about the event:

Schedule:

6:30-6:45: Meet and greet
6:45-8:15: Talks
8:15-9:00: Q&A, social hour

"May you live in interesting times." It may be the Chinese curse, but I believe it depends on perspective. Some have problems... and some have problems to solve. It's the latter group I bring to your attention - those who've created globally-impacting, innovative solutions to problems facing us.

Our next speakers thing big, actualize their ideas, and bring you - the community - along for the ride.

First up will be Jason Bobe, Director of Community for the Personal Genome Project, Cofounder of DIYbio.org, and Cofounder of BioWeatherMap.org. Jason will share the latest news on DIYbio and what we might see moving forward.

Next will be Greg Biggers, Founder & CEO of Genomera, a Silicon Valley startup focused on making health more accessible, understandable, and participative.

Finally, I will say a few words about BioCurious in 2010 - how we moved from garage to (almost) our own building and, wow, how things have changed. I'll also explain the CitSci Study Contest I'm holding. Design a study, enter it, and (if you win) have it hosted on Genomera + receive a 23andMe Complete Edition. See more.

Many thanks to Institute for the Future, for hosting us!

RSVP to this Meetup:
http://www.meetup.com/BioCurious/calendar/15681331/
"""

- Bryan