Open Science meetup tonight in Mountain View

Joseph Jackson

Jan 17, 2011, 5:46:10 PM1/17/11
to biocu...@googlegroups.com, diyb...@googlegroups.com
For anyone interested, come hear Kevin Kelly speak this evening at Hacker Dojo.  The topic is the evolution of technology, which Kevin presents in his new book What Technology Wants.

During 2011, I'll aim to have Open Science related talks once per month in locations ranging from UCSF, to Berkeley, Stanford, even further out like UC Davis, so that we can grow the movement in the region.

Thanks, and check it out here:  http://www.meetup.com/Open-Science-Bay-Area/calendar/15906861/

Joseph

Russell Whitaker

Jan 17, 2011, 10:20:39 PM1/17/11
to biocu...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 7:10 PM, Jonathan Deikman <jdei...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thank you for inviting me to Kevin Kelly's talk and your Open Sciences
> meeting. Sorry I won't be able to make it there tonight, but hope to the
> next time.
> Jon

Same here, but in my own case, I saw the same talk by Kevin this last
Friday night
at TechShopSF (http://techshop.ws) where I'm now a member. It was a good talk,
you guys will thoroughly enjoy it.

Russell