Regional Groups

Tito Jankowski

Jul 13, 2009, 1:56:01 PM7/13/09
to diyb...@googlegroups.com, diybio--...@googlegroups.com, diybi...@googlegroups.com, diybio...@googlegroups.com, diybio...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,
Judging by the traffic on eachother's mailing list, I think many of the DIYbio regional groups have hit some snags. I know here in San Francisco we've been really struggling to find a place to work as a group, and that seems to eclipse everything else. Let's talk about the common problems we have, and figure out how to solve them.

To make it easier for us to chat, I've started a thread on the DIYbio forums (http://diybio.org/forums/comments.php?DiscussionID=5&page=1#Item_1). Please come and check out what other DIYbio regional members are saying!

Thank you!

Tito

Bryan Bishop

Jul 13, 2009, 2:33:14 PM7/13/09
to DIYb...@googlegroups.com, diybio, kan...@gmail.com, diytrans...@googlegroups.com, diybio--...@googlegroups.com, diybi...@googlegroups.com, diybio...@googlegroups.com, diybio...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 12:56 PM, Tito Jankowski
<titoja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> Judging by the traffic on eachother's mailing list, I think many of the
> DIYbio regional groups have hit some snags. I know here in San Francisco
> we've been really struggling to find a place to work as a group, and that
> seems to eclipse everything else. Let's talk about the common problems we
> have, and figure out how to solve them.

Why not on the main mailing list? We've talked about these issues a
lot, and there are lots of good solutions that you're ignoring by
making this a forum-only thing. What about all of the shop talk from
open manufacturing? and so on.

> To make it easier for us to chat, I've started a thread on the DIYbio forums
> (http://diybio.org/forums/comments.php?DiscussionID=5&page=1#Item_1). Please
> come and check out what other DIYbio regional members are saying!

Why not use the forums on diybioforum.org instead of setting up yet
another forum installation?

http://diybioforum.org/forum/

I've talked with the webmasters of diybio.org, and the situation
doesn't look pretty.

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
1 512 203 0507