Fwd: [london-hack-space] Re: Extending the Hackspace next door

Bryan Bishop

Dec 17, 2010, 12:37:25 PM12/17/10
to diybio...@googlegroups.com, Bryan Bishop

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bugs <bu...@binny.eu>
Date: Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 8:47 AM
Subject: [london-hack-space] Re: Extending the Hackspace next door
To: London Hackspace <london-h...@googlegroups.com>

Someone mentioned the biohacking stuff upthread... I think our
requirements will be pretty modest. We'll need a small fridge/freezer
(if someone sees one on freecycle, please snap it up!) and a few
square feet for a thermal cycler and incubator to sit, but everything
else can be shelved away if necessary.

While people are working, somewhere with relatively still, relatively
dust-free air would be ideal. So not in the machine shop or right next
to an external door. Apart from that, any table space that we can wipe
down before and after should be fine.

On a related note -- and with Rule Zero in mind -- is there anywhere
in the space we'd be able to run a bunsen burner? Having a flame
running makes clean work *much* easier, as it creates a column of
rising air which prevents floating germs from falling into whatever
you have on the bench next to the flame. Are we basically OK as long
as we're sensible with it, or are there relevant space rules?

Bugs

--
- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/