Fwd: [london-hack-space] DIY Bio / Biohacking

Bryan Bishop

Nov 29, 2010, 4:12:27 PM11/29/10
to diybio...@googlegroups.com, Bryan Bishop
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bugs <bu...@binny.eu>
Date: Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 12:17 PM
Subject: [london-hack-space] DIY Bio / Biohacking
To: London Hackspace <london-h...@googlegroups.com>

Sara and I gave a (very!) quick talk at the Science Museum's Dana
Centre last night. It was a fun evening with some great speakers, and
we met a bunch of people who're interested in getting involved with
our naescent bio projects.

So if you're one of the people who Sara or I spoke to last night (or
remembered me mentioning the hackspace in my bit of the talk) - grab
an account and introduce yourself!

Between us, Sara and I have a few interesting ideas for projects to
get us properly started in the space. I also know that Tim and Martin
also have some cool projects already running. So I suggest having a
planning evening sometime soon: we can discuss the specific ideas for
project we have, and finalise the arrangements for getting them
underway. If you're interested, please say here or on the wiki [1].
Then we can pick a date and get going!

Finally for now, I'd be grateful if Martin (the Martin I spoke to
about sequencing stuff) and Tim Davies (microbial fuel cells - I took
your email address then promptly lost it) could get in touch with me
somehow. Ta :).

Please do speak up if you're interested in coming to another
biohacking night, so we can get things rolling :).

Cheers,
Chris / Bugs

[1] http://wiki.hackspace.org.uk/wiki/Workshops#Workshops_offered

--