Fwd: DIYbio meetup at Maker Faire UK, Newcastle, 12th March

Bryan Bishop

Mar 4, 2011, 9:17:55 PM3/4/11
to diybio...@googlegroups.com, london-h...@googlegroups.com, Bryan Bishop

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Cathal Garvey <cathal...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 7:59 PM
Subject: DIYbio meetup at Maker Faire UK, Newcastle, 12th March
To: diybio <diy...@googlegroups.com>

Hey all,
As you may/not be aware, Brian Degger and I are making an encore this year at the Newcastle Maker Faire. Seeing as there seem to be so many people coming this year with a potential interest in DIYbio, we thought it'd be cool to have an event just for DIYbio after the faire one day.

So what we're currently thinking is a dinner date somewhere nice on the Saturday 12th, although I'm still trying to get a Newcastle native to help me find somewhere suitable that we can book, once we have an idea of numbers.

I understand that some people from the new DIYbio Manchester Lab will be coming, I'm expecting some people from London Hackerspace may be interested, as well as perhaps one or two people from Tog Hackerspace in Dublin. There are also at least two people on twitter that I know of who are considering coming to MF, who may wish to join us for a Biology-themed dinner date.

So, if there are any people on the list with knowledge of good eating places where conversations can be had, please chime in. Otherwise just post to tell us if you're interested in coming! The more the merrier, as always. It should be called DIWObio!

All the best,

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
1 512 203 0507