Fwd: [london-hack-space] SMEE machining courses

Bryan Bishop

Jun 26, 2010, 12:07:55 PM6/26/10
to diybio...@googlegroups.com, kan...@gmail.com
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: teabot <tea...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 11:06 AM
Subject: [london-hack-space] SMEE machining courses
To: London Hack Space <london-h...@googlegroups.com>

Hope this may be of interest to some:

The Society of Model and Experimental Engineers will soon be running
it's yearly machining courses. The first course provides an
introduction to various tools, practices, and machining. The second
involves the construction of a small steam engine - from stock
materials only!

The classes occur on Saturdays at a rate of one a month. The Society's
building is situated near Camberwell, which I think is rather
impressive for an organization of this kind.

Please note that I haven't yet attended these courses myself.

SMEE website:
http://www.sm-ee.co.uk/

The courses:
http://www.sm-ee.co.uk/index.htm?courses/courses.htm