Synthetic bio post-grad labs advice

Patrick King

Aug 27, 2014, 11:55:57 PM8/27/14
to diybio-...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I'm entering my final year in Genetics this year and my thoughts for post grad research have shifted from neuroscience to synthetic biology. Obviously getting involved in the biohacking movement is a must but I'm also thinking of doing post-grad work in the field. I was wondering if people could suggest any labs that are not only doing interesting work in synthetic biology but that would be good for familiarising myself with a wide range of techniques that could be used in DIYbio.

Cheers,

Patrick

Cathal Garvey

Aug 28, 2014, 6:12:58 AM8/28/14
to diybio-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Patrick!
Are you in Cork or Dublin studying Genetics? If Cork, you should get
involved with the Forma Labs build-out; we're converting Grattan House
(Shear Street/Grattan Street) into a fully equipped lab for DIYbio or
Lean Biotech shenanigans. :)

If interested, join the public mailing list at:
http://www.freelists.org/list/corkbiomakerspace

We have a brand new blog at:
http://formalabs.org

And we're on twitter here:
@formabiolabs

You're welcome to give me a call too if you want to talk directly;
message me off list!

best,
Cathal
--