New Mailing List for Cork Biomakerspace

Cathal Garvey

Jun 25, 2014, 12:25:52 PM6/25/14
to synbio...@googlegroups.com, diybio-...@googlegroups.com, Cork Biomakerspace List, discuss...@lists.hackerspaces.ie, nexu...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,
I've created a mailing list for the Cork Biomakerspace project so we can
more easily discuss things by mail without remembering people to CC/BCC.

You can subscribe to the list by sending email to
corkbiomaker...@freelists.org with 'subscribe' in the Subject
field OR by visiting the list page at
http://www.freelists.org/list/corkbiomakerspace

It should be kept on-topic; the Biomakerspace itself, setting up,
events, new members, discussion on procedures etc.. for discussion of
Synbio/DIYbio etc for their own sake or to discuss personal projects
other than to arrange local meetings or collab, use one of the other lists.

I've added some people I've assumed will be comfortable being on-list,
but I'm eager to get as many of us on the list as possible to help
kick-start things. So, if you don't mind increasing your mail volume a
little or you're comfortable with filters, please do join!

Be aware that this mailing list's archives are *public*, and if you
reply to a mailing list message it will be posted to the list, not to
the original sender (in other words, it behaves as mailing lists are
usually expected to!). By request, messages in the archives can be
deleted, but that's for exceptional cases so if you're basically not
comfortable having your message readable, don't post to the list.

From now on, I will be posting status updates from my contributions to
the biomakerspace project to this list (and I will cease cross-posting),
and I think we should all do so where privacy is not a requirement. I'll
wait a few hours before posting, so ye have time to subscribe, but heads
up: I'm gonna start talking about names for the 'space, prompted by
Niall! :)

best,
Cathal

--