Sorting genes by Non Coding DNA

Colm Herbert

May 15, 2014, 2:07:13 PM5/15/14
to diybio-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Everyone,

I have been working on a bioinformatics tool recently to investigate if there is a correlation between Non-coding DNA (ncdna) that proceeds a gene and that genes function. I have written a python script that sorts genes based on their preceding ncdna. It can be found here

Generally speaking I have found that this correlation exists. Specific cases and discussion can be found here. These results are provisional. If you find anything interesting I will include it in the results folder README if send me a pull request on github.

I think that this tool could be used to identify interesting enzymes and proteins. I would appreciate hearing your opinions.

Thanks,
Colm