DIYbio Regional Groups

Tito Jankowski

Apr 13, 2009, 2:29:49 AM4/13/09
to DIYb...@googlegroups.com, diybio--...@googlegroups.com, diybi...@googlegroups.com, diybio...@googlegroups.com, diybio...@googlegroups.com, diybio-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

My name is Tito Jankowski, I'm a member of the DIYbio SF group.

As a new DIYbio group in San Francisco, we are tackling a lot of the same problems as you -- what to start with, how to find/negotiate lab space, what eqip we need. Sound familiar?

NYC -- did you know that Seattle has made a lot of progress on setting up their lab? Maybe they've tackled some issues that you're facing...
Boston -- have you checked out London's cultureyourmother(.com) worldwide project?
San Francisco -- did you know that NYC is interested in starting their own GFP experiment? I'm sure we could share tips!

I propose adding a "DIYbio Regional Groups" forum to www.diybio.org. This would make it easier for us to learn and grow by sharing information. This would be ideal for cross-group projects like the cultureyourmother and GFP projects, attracting new members -- and members of "DIYbio NYC" can chat with "DIYbio London" members easily!

Is this forum something you would find useful? I would like to hear back from at least one person from each region.

Tito