DIYbio: Meeting in Hyde Park

Jata

Oct 31, 2009, 5:52:52 PM10/31/09
to DIYbio: Chicago
Sup kids --

After a year-long hiatus, there's enough interest again to revive the
DIYbio community in Chicago. Most of us are in Hyde Park; this seems
like a reasonable neighborhood to hold our next meeting.

Feel free to join, we'll probably meet at a restaurant in Hyde Park
(around 55th or 57th St) this Saturday (Nov 7th) afternoon. We'll
discuss our own future projects, and the exciting progress that has
been made by our very own members in other parts of the country. It
will be a meeting to gauge interest, sketch roadmaps, and generally
reconnect with the community.

If you are interested in attending, respond to this group. Let's make
some plans.

Hope to see you there!

Jata :-)

Jata

Nov 5, 2009, 9:40:24 AM11/5/09
to DIYbio: Chicago
Hey everyone,

The details of this Saturday's meeting are as follows:

Date: Saturday, November 7, 2009
Time: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Location: Edwardo's Pizza (1321 E 57th St, between Kenwood Ave &
Kimbark Ave), in Hyde Park, Chicago, IL 60637.

At this meeting, we will discuss levels of interest, expertise,
individual interpretations of DIYbio, and the projects that we're
working on (or would like to work on).

Afterwards, if there is sufficient interest, we can check out a nearby
DIYbio lab-in-progress. RSVP to this list or the Facebook event; hope
to see you there!

Cheers,

Jata :-)

Jose Rojas

Nov 5, 2009, 1:51:10 PM11/5/09
to diybio-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I think that I'll be there to meet everyone and check it out.
Jose

Parijata Mackey

Nov 7, 2009, 2:47:55 PM11/7/09
to DIYbio: Chicago
Hey guys!

Reminder: DIYbio meeting today!

Date:    Saturday, November 7, 2009
Time: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Location: Edwardo's Pizza (1321 E 57th St, between Kenwood Ave &
Kimbark Ave), in Hyde Park, Chicago, IL 60637.

See you there :-)

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 8:40 AM, Jata <pari...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Parijata Mackey
University of Chicago

“Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.” --Frank Herbert

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” --Oscar Wilde

--
Parijata Mackey
University of Chicago
pari...@uchicago.edu
www.parijata.com

“Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.” --Frank Herbert

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” --Oscar Wilde

Tor

Nov 6, 2009, 9:35:41 PM11/6/09
to DIYbio: Chicago
Hi Jata:

I want to come, but not certain if possible tomorrow. I am a pre-
newby (i.e. seen some videos and read some articles)...seems really
cool though, I'd like to learn more. Hope to see you folks and learn
more.