Apps due tomorrow (June 6) for 1st Personal Genome Project (PGP) Hackathon on 21-22 June

Nancy Ouyang

Jul 5, 2018, 7:36:20 PM7/5/18
to miters, EMW Street Bio General Mailing List, diybio...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
In a previous life I was a PGP staff member, and I recently learned they are holding a hackathon. Exciting!

See end of email for link to app.

Okay so what is the PGP? PGP = Harvard Personal Genome Project (Harvard PGP), essentially "open source" genomes where participants knowingly consent & contribute not only their DNA but also various trait information (medical information, physical attributes, etc.) to the public domain (something roughly like that at least).w

ANNOUNCING THE PGP HACKATHON 1.0

We’ll be holding our first PGP Hackathon in Boston, MA this summer on the weekend of July 21 & 22, 2018. We’ll also hold a reception with informal talks including ‘A primer on human genetics’ and ‘A primer on genome sequencing and data file types’ on the evening of Friday, July 20 (full schedule is below).

Even if you've never written a line of code, even if your knowledge of genetics is rudimentary, we encourage you to apply for the Hackathon.

This event is all about creative and novel solutions to problems; new ways of thinking about health and the genome; and about how unexpected successes can emerge from diverse, out-of-the-box thinking.

If you're an expert in business, education, art, media, philosophy, woodworking...we want you at the Hackathon!

Due to generous sponsorship, there is no cost to participate.

Sound interesting? Click here for more information, or jump right to the short application.

Fireworks yesterday were super cool,
--Nancy